Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Good Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Today we helped a new friend pick up some free furniture and move it thanks to having Steve's mom's truck (and not having to be at work). We picked up a bed over in one town and two recliner chairs in a different town. I had forgotten that all of the dogs' cremains were still in the truck bed so I had to move them all up front. The gal seems like a really great person. She bought us lunch at Sonic and I noticed she has a neck tattoo; I commented that I hadn't been aware of it when we met before and she told me it represents her cancer survival and showed me how it says something upside down too. It was definitely a good thing to be able to help someone out in that way, also the people gifting the furniture seemed happy to get rid of stuff and give it to someone who really needed it.

I also had an optometry appointment and that was a good thing to take care of while I still have insurance. The experience was overall pretty good. Definitely not as intrusive or awkward as the mammogram I am getting next week will be.

The cat is sitting enclosed in the reptile tank, just watching the crickets...sitting on the heating pad under the glass. He seems very content. I wish I could be that content sometimes.

Tomorrow I am to meet up with my union representative at the local police station to have a meeting with a woman from the DHS office. Need to stay calm and carry on.

Unfortunately I just got a message that our friend is missing the small bag of hardware pieces needed to assemble her new bed frame. And it is possible that we accidentally threw it away. Whoops. I hope she finds it and maybe if not we can help get new pieces to help fix it. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment